Yesterday I have been nominated for the Liebster Award. I really didn’t expect it but that is how it goes things happen when you don’t expect them to happen. So I felt really honored today when I saw the nomination and gladly accept being nominated by a great blogger Adrift in the Distance. Thank you so much again! Her blog is about travelling and food, mainly focused on the West Coast of the United States. It is a great mix of writing and beautiful photography. Her posts always make me want to check out the places she has been to and trying things she did. I highly recommend you to check out her blog.
This award is a great way of learning more about bloggers, get introduced to new bloggers, and helps new people become integrated in the community, and to establish a follower base. At this point thanks to all my readers!
Here are the rules:
- 1. Thank the blogger who gives it.
- 2. Answer the 11 questions she/he asks.
- 3. Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 500 followers.
- 4. Ask these 11 bloggers 11 questions.
- 5. Let them know you have nominated them.
Here are the answers to the 11 questions that I got asked:
I have to admit it took me a while, some were easy to answer, but others really made me thinking.
1. How would you describe your hometown to someone who has never been before?
My hometown is in the middle of the “Ruhrgebiet” in Germany. Being not so big and interesting itself there a many bigger cities around it, so you have great possibilities deciding what you want to do or where you want to go.
2. What is an odd/interesting/weird talent that you have? (ex. double jointed, three nipples, plays trombone, etc.)
First I wanted to write something else but then I was thinking what me and my mom have in common, we can both touch the tip of our nose with our upper lip. I always thought it is normal but I figured that a great amount of people can’t do it. I don’t think it will ever help me in my life but I can imagine you guys now sitting in front of your computers trying it 😉
3. If you were a food, what food would you be and why?
I would be cheese. I love all kinds of cheeses. You can use them in such a variety and it makes so many ordinary meals so delicious. Cheese is just the tip of the iceberg for many things.
4. What is the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
I haven’t really eaten anything I would consider weird. I passed by some weird stuff in my trip to Thailand, but I stayed away. I am trying a lot but some stuff is just too much for me 😉
5. What would you do with a million dollars?
I would travel the world. Finish college and then take a couple of years off to do a world tour. I simply love travelling and other cultures.
6. What is your favorite movie?
I don’t have one favorite movie, as I have seen way to many that were good, and it totally depends on my mood. I like Shutter Island, the Notebook (good memories at girls nights), 7 pounds, inception (makes you think).
7. If you were stranded on a deserted island, what are three things you would bring?
A water filtering bottle (I have seen those in a store a couple of weeks ago, useless for me for normal life because I can just drink water from a bottle or take filtered water from home, but perfect for an island ;)). A tent to have shelter, and my best friend, to have good company.
8. If you were at a bar, what is your drink of choice?
Caipirinha, as it is yummy and refreshing. Perfect for hot summer nights.
9. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
Being able to fly. You can just go everywhere you want fast. It must be a tremendous feeling of freedom.
10. What is your pet peeve?
Recently added to my repertoire: traffic in LA 😀
11. If you had a TARDIS, when and/or where would you go?
I would travel back to to the Late Middle Ages, especially the time of the Renaissance. Because I like the art and way of thinking. I would have been following Michelangelo and Leonardo Da Vinci and the Medici.
I would like to nominate (in no particular order):
- All that glitters
- the sunny side’s up
- Eat Love Inspire
- The Recipe Passport
- My Girls On Tour
- Cheeni Thoughts
- Coralynx’ Blog
- A Beautiful Journey
- Eat Diamonds for Breakfast
- My Untitled Life
Here are my new 11 questions for you:
- Why did you start blogging in the first place?
- What was the inspiration behind your blog title?
- What are the first 2 things on your bucket list?
- What is your favorite food?
- If you could travel back in time, where would you go?
- Where was your last, best vacation?
- Who is your favorite author and why?
- What is your most prized possession?
- What is your favorite quote?
- What is your pet peeve?
- What is your favorite own blog post?